Uniform Kneading, Mixing and Extruding Process
Application & Process :
Basket Extruders have proven successful in many industries, including pharmaceutical, agricultural chemicals, and inorganic chemicals among others.
- Forming pharmaceutical extrudates prior to Spheronization pellets for controlled release applications.
- Production of water dispersible and water soluble granules of agriculture chemicals.
- Granulation of confectionary products prior to Tableting.
- Densification of organic chemicals.
- Formation of free-flowing vulcanization compounds
Basket Extruder provides the lowest pressure method of wet extrusion combined with moderate sheer. To form granules from 0.5 to 5.0 mm in diameter our basket extruders provide a very versatile means of wet extrusion. They produce consistent extrudate from wetted powders at laboratory through multiple ton per hour extrusion capacities.
In the upper chamber of our basket extruders the counter rotating internal breaker bar system breaks larger clumps of wetted feed material to allow gravity to convey the wetted mass down into the bottom extrusion rotor arms which, in turn, densifies the material and extrudes it through the screen basket. Formed extrudates are discharged without damage by our proprietary discharge chute design.
Product extruded with basket extruders has a stable structure with a large surface area which provide the optimum pliable properties for spheronization.
Basket Extruder models are available with capacities from bench level scale to over 3,000 Kg/hr.
Separate basket extruder designs for pharmaceutical and industrial applications are available. All extruder models are easily cleaned and have appropriate shaft seals protecting the feed material from contamination. All process wetted components are made available per FDA or industrial requirements. Metallurgies include: 316L, 316, 304, as well as more exotic metals
New Design Features :
- High speed mixing & granulating
- Adjustable angle and gap between rotor blades and basket screen allows optimization of extrusion force
- Short active extrusion path minimizing temperature rise for heat sensitive actives
- Narrow particle size distribution
- Very high capacities up to 3,000 kilograms per hour
- Screen sizes from 0.5 to 5.0 mm
- Extrudates well suited for Spheronization.
- Appropriate electrical panels and drives for explosion proof operation
- Simple free falling discharge
- Adjustable wiping blades
- Internal counter rotating breaker bar keeps material from sticking together
- Safety switch prevents operation when screen removed
Optional Features :
- AC variable frequency drive for accurate control
- Explosion proof electrical are available.
- CGMP, Food, or Industrial design
- 316L, 316, 304 Stainless Steel process wetted parts.